Join a first of it's kind inclusive space in Pickering as a Fidget Space Commissioner! What the heck is a FSC? The glue that keeps the Fidget Space community together. The breeze that breathes vitality into the shared workspace and the lives of those who work in it… Commissioners are the first face people see when they arrive at the Fidget Space, and their skills and presence set the tone. They excel in customer service, organization, communications, and problem solving. They’re connectors of ideas and people. They’re our frontline baristas for social change!
WHAT IS THE fidget space, ANYWAYS?
Fidget Space aims to end the stigma around mental health by providing all individuals with a safe space to share their experiences and support each other in achieving mental wellness.
Fidget Space is expanding its services for the community through wellness-promoting activities, workshops, and conversation circles, to build human connections and to accelerate their success and amplify their impact within themselves and within the Pickering community and beyond! Our doors are open to committed leaders who share our mission for conversation without stigma. If you have a skill or story you would like to share, connect with us to find your place at Fidget Space.
Our expectation is that you will provide exceptional customer service while efficiently and gracefully handling whatever comes your way when you’re onsite. Specifically, you will:
- Run the Welcome Desk – Welcome every visitor to the Fidget Space with enthusiasm and energy. Handle phone and in person inquiries, manage and book the space and event/workshop registrations, keep an eye on office supplies making sure we’re always ready for anything! Responsibilities are between 9:00AM to 6:30PM on any weekday.
- Be a Host – Be the Fidget Space's number one fan; take visitors on mini-tours of the space, prep the space, help organize and participate in community events, ensuring all our services are offered in an appropriate and culturally competent manner to a culturally and socioeconomically diverse range of communities.
- Clean and Tidy! – What more is there to say? Maintain a spotless space ensuring everyone’s experience at the Fidget Space is awesome. That means getting your hands dirty!
- Increase Efficiency - Suggest new work practices, processes, events, workshops to improve Fidget Space’s flow and facilitate our mission.
- ??? - Who knows? What else can you do to support our operations and our community?
If the above list sounds like something you can handle, and you can do it all with sincerity, care, fun, and goodwill, then we want you!
This is a work exchange, but just so you know, we expect professionalism and we want to know you’re committed.
We're looking for a reliable six-month commitment! This role is integral to our mission and we want to get to know you too, so please only apply if you are serious about the opportunity.
Fidget Space is proud to be an equal opportunity workspace and is a community committed to sharing values of diversity and inclusion. We firmly believe that diversity animates new discoveries, and encourage applicants from varied backgrounds including race, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, age, socio-economic status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability and religion.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
No agencies please.